Monday, May 28, 2012

Pagan Blog Project-I is for Intentions

Pagan Blog Project- I is for intentions
Struggling this week with my second "I" post. The only thing coming to mind is intentions. So just a short post on this subject.

The online version of American Heritage dictionary shows:

"NOUN:

A course of action that one intends to follow.

An aim that guides action; an objective.

intentions Purpose with respect to marriage: honorable intentions.

Medicine The process by which or the manner in which a wound heals.

Archaic Import; meaning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETYMOLOGY:
Middle English entencioun, from Old French intention, from Latin intenti, intentin-, from intentus, intent, from past participle of intendere, to direct attention ; see intend

SYNONYMS:
intention, intent, purpose, goal, end, aim, object, objective"

Let me start by saying that I do consider myself Wiccan. I think the Wiccan Rede is a good idea. I don't however think it is a law that I must follow every second of every minute of every day. So I guess some die hard fanatic Wiccans would disagree that I am Wiccan. It is just impossible to weigh every single thought or decision you make against the rede. So for me it all boils down to Intentions. Do I intend to hurt others with whatever action or thought I make. If the answer is no, then I do what I need to do. If of course I can not answer honestly "no", then I would weigh my thoughts and actions more closely to the rede. I feel if you don't intend to do harm, then you are in the clear. Each person has to decide for themselves what "harm none" means. And each person needs to also learn to let others decide for themselves and not judge them if their beliefs are not exactly the same as others.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Beltane week. May the love and fertility of the gods be with you all.

Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment