Monday, May 28, 2012

Pagan Blog Project-H is for Hestia

Pagan Blog Project- H is for Hestia, Goddess of the Hearth
I have not been feeling well as of late. I have lupus and have been fighting with my flares for a few weeks now. This week is H week for the pagan blog project and I wanted to make sure I at least gave praise to Hestia, our patron goddess. We firmly believe that home is where the hearth and heart is.

It is more than just a house or dwellin
g. A home or hearth is the central location where families gather on a daily basis to discuss family matters, to celebrate events in life, a place to feel protected and loved.

Our coven is called Keepers of the Hearth and we believe in the family unit as a magical one. It only seemed appropriate that we adopt Hestia as our patron goddess. Hestia is the Greek Goddess of the hearth. She is the one who kept the home and hearth working. All who entered were always welcome around her fire.

Every time our coven practices ritual (for whatever occasion) we always honor Hestia. We give her praise and light our Hestia lantern in her honor. On a more personal note, I honor Hestia daily. I offer her incense and candles and ask for her blessing upon our home and all those who enter it. I find that my daily contact with her has brought great peace to myself and my home life. Although
I am not the best housekeeper, I have been making a greater effort to do so. Hestia believed in having a tidy and welcoming household. I hope that all who enter my home can feel the love and welcoming energies that she helps to bring within it.

A prayer for Hestia:
Beloved Hestia, goddess of home and hearth. May you always bless this house and those who dwell in it. May all visitors feel your welcoming embrace. Bless us with your love always. May the fire of your spirit always burn brightly in our hearts and souls. Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment