Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pagan Blog Project- C is for Creativity

Since we are still in the season of Imbolc, I thought that creativity would be a good subject for me. I consider myself more analytical than creative, so this subject is a little out of the box for me. I really have to take my time and think about what I might do. So I asked around and did a net surfing and these are some of the actions I came up with.

Keep a positive attitude. Tell yourself you are creative. Get
ting into the right mind set goes a long way.

Brigid is the goddess of creativity and transformation, pray to her, ask her for guidance. Or any other god/dess of your choice.

Think outside the box. The most used idea may not work for you. Think about what you like and what you have available. Let your imagination roam free.

Don't be afraid to try new things. Learn a new hobby.

Don't over think things. This is one of my major problems. I find myself always talking myself out of ideas.

Be inspired. Visit a museum, read poetry or books, look at magazines or even network with others.

Make time for it. I think a lot of people are guilty of this one. We are all busy people. Make time for being creative and feed your soul.

If you get stuck, take a break. Sometimes walking away and coming back later can give you a fresh perspective.

Use affirmations. Again keep a positive attitude.

Meditate: use the element of air and it correspondences for inspiration as well.

Create with a friend. Bouncing ideas off each other is a great help.

So what as witches/pagans do we create. Pretty much ev
erything!! As the priestess for our group, I constantly find myself getting stuck on ideas for rituals or spells. Who wants to do the same thing every time, I know I don't :). So I made a list of things I like to do to find my creative side.

Draw- I am in no way an artist, but sometimes doing your own thing is great.

Painting

Coloring- I am a big fan of coloring pics and mandalas

Sing

Dance

Read poetry or stories

Make your own candles

Make your own oils and incenses

Make your own altar tools such as wands, athames, pentagrams, etc

Make jewelry or rosaries

How do you find your creativity??

Happy crafting,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment